1. GOOGLE LAUNCHES NEW GMB MARKETING TOOLS & TRUSTED PARTNER PROGRAM FOR AGENCIES
Google has recently updated the Google My Business API, making it easier for agencies and partners to manage multiple local business listings.
“In the last couple of years, we’ve invested in the Google My Business API, introducing features like Reviews, Menus, Insights, and Posts to make it possible for agencies and platform partners to easily maintain and update Google listings for their end customers. With our latest API update, we’re adding more features like offer posts and merchant description so partners can continue to offer Google My Business’ latest features to their customers efficiently and at scale”.
Agencies will soon be able to get exclusive access to the new Agency Dashboard. The main highlights of the new dashboard will be:
₋ Manage an unlimited (well, Google says ‘thousands’) number of locations from within one account.
₋ New ‘Location Groups’ can be set up to collect organizations. Access to the Location Group can by sought by or given by both client and agency.
₋ Quick search function allows for easier access to locations within your entire account or Location Group.
₋ User Groups help management of teams and access control, with permission levels available for different user types.
₋ Invite others to manage listings and view invite status.
Google is also launching support for platform partners. The selected partners will be getting early access to new GMB features, a Partner Manager and a chance to get featured on the main GMB site.
If you want to be among those selected few or want to learn more about it, fill out this form.
2. GDPR IS HERE – WHAT YOU SHOULD DO TO BE COMPLIANT
In an effort to expand the privacy rights of EU individuals, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) places new obligations on any organization, no matter where it is based, that markets to, tracks or handles EU personal data. As you can imagine, the GDPR is the compliance talk-of-the-town for any company doing business in the European Union (EU) or, in fact, any organization that might have EU personal data within its databases.
Although GDPR is applicable to the European Union as of now, its a good practice to follow and inform users how their information is being used on your website.
To start with, here are couple of changes you need to implement on your website.
Need any help with your website? You can talk with our GDPR experts for quick assistance.
3. PAGE SPEED WILL BE OFFICIALLY A GOOGLE RANKING FACTOR, STARTING JULY 2018
Google announced that they will be making speed a ranking factor within mobile search results starting July 2018. However, this speed update will affect only the worst pages since the intent of the query is still one of the strongest signal. So slow pages can still enjoy higher ranking if they offer relevant content.
BUT, it’s not just about Google. Speed is a huge factor when it comes to user experience as well. A 2017 Google study revealed that 53% of the visitors abandoned sites that took longer than three seconds to load. It might be a mark that’s hard to achieve, especially if you have high quality images and videos on your site but you can still work on the aspects that can be improved.
You can use Google’s Test My Site to check your page load time, approximate percentage of visitors you are losing and other aspects of your site that need improvement. It’s quick, comprehensive and FREE.
It’s worth mentioning that AMP will not enjoy any additional benefits, although it’s very nature allows it to fly high on the page load time and naturally gives it an advantage. But other than that, there will be no special “rewards”.
Need help with improving page speed? We can help. Just reach out to our reps and let us do the rest.
4. NOW YOU CAN ADD VIDEOS TO GOOGLE MY BUSINESS POSTS
GMB Posts have the immense power to boost the bottom line of your business. Those who know how to utilize it to the fullest have seen a huge boost in sales. The latest addition to the Google post is VIDEO. Now you can upload videos of your business or any topic that revolves around it. It’s already proven that Video marketing is EXTREMELY beneficial for your business, and now with the ability to upload videos to Google posts it further enhances the benefits.
For those new to it, follow the steps below:
- Access Google Posts by logging into your Google My Business account.
- Now you will see the “Posts” option right below the Home.
- Click on it and upload the type of content you want to share.
- After uploading, you will have the option to preview it and once you are satisfied, hit the Publish button.
- After publishing, actively monitor the conversions and see how your targeted audience is responding.
The best way to find out which type of videos work best for you is to TEST. Analyse your audience reaction to different videos to figure out what type of audiovisual content really clicks with your audience.
Here are some facts that will encourage you to create and upload more videos:
- 63% of businesses use video as a marketing tool.
- 76% of businesses said that video has helped them increase traffic to their website.
- 84% of consumers have been convinced to make a purchase after watching a brand’s video.
5. GOOGLE ADWORDS UPDATES FOR JUNE 2018
- The new AdWords interface now allows you to add notes about changes, testing details, results and more.
- Make sure to update your contact info in the old AdWords Interface since it will be replaced by new one by the end of the year.
- A comprehensive guide to YouTube marketing and it’s effectiveness from Google.
- A new feature that lets you effortlessly import your campaigns from AdWords to BingAds.
- Facebook testing new ad formats for Facebook watch.
- The new shopping campaigns in AdWords now comes with the automatic goal-optimized option.
- Is responsive search ads really the future?Find out.
- Google has provided new data on shopping searches. Can be used for your future campaigns. Check out.
- Here are AdWords, Facebook Ads, LinkedIn & CRO Video-Courses/Casesfrom ADworld Experience 2018
- HTTP security warning & AdWords parallel tracking. When to expect them.
- FacebookAds CPM, CPC, & CTR Benchmarksfor Q1 2018
- Since Google doesn’t release industry benchmarks regularly, many thought leaders & platforms have come together for it. Here’s the Google AdWords Industry Benchmarks 2018 [Infographic].
For Q1 2018, we’ve analyzed over 3 billion Facebook ad impressions and more than 80 million clicks across 3,000+ unique accounts. Compared to Q4 ’17, we found the median CPM for Facebook placement ads decreased by 12.5%, the median CPC for Facebook ads decreased by 12.7%, and the median CTR for Facebook ads decreased by less than 1%.
6. FACEBOOK ROLLING OUT NEW METRICS &TOOLS THAT WILL CHANGE THE WAY WE APPROACH VIDEO MARKETING
Facebook is about to roll out a new feature that will help you understand how your videos are performing.
Here’s a screen-shot of the new metrics.
Facebook is also launching New live tools for publishers. These tools will redefine Live video making and watching experience.
1. Persistent Stream Keys: This key will simplify the broadcast experience for those who often use Live API. Since the key can be sent in advance, it can prove to be a boon for production teams who have to collaborate while shooting on different locations.
2. Crossposting:Crossposting allows you to post a single video on multiple pages as an original post. You will not have to share it and reduce the charm. This cross-posting feature boosts the reach & provide you results that are beyond expectations. A Facebook user who was broadcasting his surfing show live on 3 different pages got a whopping 1.5 million views.
3. Live Rewind: Although it’s still in testing mode, but will soon be available & will change the entire live Video experience. This feature will allow you to rewind a live video & re-watch your favorite parts.