1. ADDING A BUSINESS DESCRIPTION IN GOOGLE IS NOW HASSLE FREE
You can now add description of your business directly within the Google My Business. It’s not a new feature though. Google removed this feature back in 2016 when they dropped the Google+ support. And now made it available again. This feature offers a hassle free way to keep the information about your business updated and ultimately help the searchers.
Here’s how you can add business description:
- Login to Google My Business.
- Click on the info button on the menu bar.
- Click on the add business description
- Click on the pencil icon and add info.
The character limit is 750, out of which only 250 characters will be visible in the knowledge panel. So make it crisp and engaging. You can use the copy from your best-performing AdWords ad as inspiration.
2. REVIEWS CAN BOOST THE BOTTOM LINE OF YOUR BUSINESS – STUDY
A recent study shows that more review stars translate into higher paid search conversation rates. Businesses with an average of 3.31 stars managed to get 10.42 percent conversion rate, whereas, businesses that had 4.5+ stars achieved a remarkable 12.83 percent conversion rate.
The study also revealed that the response rate also affected the paid search performance. Business with highest response rate saw an average conversion rate of 13.86 percent. While the those with the lowest response rate had to settle down for 10.42.
Engaging with customers & responding to their reviews is directly related to improved conversion rate as it builds trust among other users.
So reviews not only help you improve the local search rankings, but also paid search ranking, and conversion rates as well. So if you are not focusing n reviews, now is the time to do so.
To help you get more reviews for your business, we highly recommend our review widget. It’s a small piece of code which is placed on your website and helps you get positive reviews on Google, Yelp and Facebook. In addition, it helps to filter out negative reviews too thus ensuring positive experience to website users. Need more details? Please connect with us.
3. GOOGLE IS SENDING EMAILS TO SITE OWNERS ABOUT THE SHIFT TO MOBILE FIRST INDEX
Google has started rolling out the mobile first index. Google has already moved a limited number of sites to mobile first indexing, but this time it’s on a much larger scale. Apart from sending messages on the search console, they are sending emails to the site owners informing them about the shift.
Here’s how the Email looks:
Mobile-first indexing enabled for “your domain name”
To owner of “your domain name”
This means that you may see more traffic in your logs from Googlebot Smartphone. You may also see that snippets in Google Search results are now generated from the mobile version of your content.
Background: Mobile-first indexing means that Googlebot will now use the mobile version of your site for indexing and ranking, to better help our (primarily mobile) users find what they’re looking for. Google’s crawling, indexing, and ranking systems have historically used the desktop version of your site’s content, which can cause issues for mobile searchers when the desktop version differs from the mobile version. Our analysis indicates that the mobile and desktop versions of your site are comparable.
The real take away with this is that you’ll be able to quickly know if your site has been moved or not. No more checking logs or guess work.
4. GOOGLE MY BUSINESS HAS LAUNCHED NEW FEATURES, DASHBOARD AND MORE
Google has announced new features to the Google My Business API, a brand new GMB agency dashboard & also launched a partner program.
Google My Business API Version 4.1 Features
- Customer Provided Media: You can now retrieve and view insights for user generated photos and video for locations you own & manage.
- Admin Management APIs: You can now list, accept, & decline account and location related invitations for your account.
- Merchant Provided Description: Describe your business in your own voice and share with users the unique story of your business & offerings.
- Opening Date: Provide the date that your location opened for business.
- Offer Type Posts: A new type of Post on Google, helping users find deals available at your locations.
The new agency dashboard is designed for those who manage multiple businesses and gives these folks:
- Single Organization Accounts on Google My Business to manage all locations and no longer limited to 100 locations.
- User Groups to manage internal teams and control access to locations.
- Improved search functionality enabling users to efficiently search for locations within an account and across location groups.
- Easier workflows to send and receive invitations to manage listings.
Trusted partners will be eligible for early access to new Google My Business features, a partner manager, and the potential to be featured on the Google My Business website. You can sign up for notification of this program here.
5. GOOGLE ADWORDS UPDATES FOR MAY 2018
- Google brings AI-powered ad suggestions to AdWords campaigns. The new campaigns will get optimization suggestion from Google’s AI.
- Google is testing phrase free AdWordsCampaign.
- Automated PPC bidding is not ideal in all the situations. Here’s a comprehensive article that explains in great detail that when you should not use automated bidding.
- Google has recently launched a new tool “reach planner” that helps you spend your marketing budget wisely.
- Don’t want Google to run ads automatically? Here’s how you can opt out of AdWords Ad suggestions.
- Bing has recently launched 4 new features within their Bing shopping campaigns interface.
- The EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is new privacy regulations that are going into place officially on May 25th, 2018. IN response to this rule, Google is making big changes, especially within Youtube Ads. Find out.
- Bing Ads has launched New Price extensions. According to bing, this will help advertisers show the right product at the right time.
- Google has launched TrueView that helps advertisers to promote their products/service more effectively. The bumper ads which are 6 seconds long are the first to be introduced.
6. FEATURE YOUR BEST PINS ON YOUR PROFILE WITH NEW PINTEREST PROFILE DESIGN
Pinterest has redesigned profile pages for user and brands, with a cover image from a collage of users latest pins. Its a good opportunity for brands to can take advantage of this update and display their best products campaigns, and most pinned items right up front on your profile page.
Once the new profile design is up, your most recent pins will automatically be featured in the cover image. Here are steps on how to get your best pins at the top of your profile.
Pinterest offers three different options for choosing specific pins that you want to feature in your cover image.
1. Latest Pins – If you choose this option, it will feature the last 24 pins you’ve saved on any board across your Pinterest profile.
2. Recent Activity – Choosing this option will display pins that other users have saved from your site and other accounts you have associated with your Pinterest account.
3. Pick a Board – This option will display all the pins you have on a specific board. Use this option along with Featured Boards and this board should have only that pins, which you wish to be featured as your cover image.
If you choose the option to have a certain board or latest pins featured, Pinterest also creates a tab in the upper right corner to send users directly to that area.
Lately, Pinterest has been striving hard to spruce up its platform and make it more brand-friendly and at the same time helping consumer finding what they are looking for. The new profile design is just another effort of providing a fresher experience on the platform.