1. GOOGLE LAUNCHES TWO NEW TOOLS TO HIGHLIGHT THE IMPORTANCE OF PAGE SPEED ON MOBILES
From past few years, Google is consistently pushing the website owners to improve their mobile site experience. They have launched multiple algorithms, guidelines, and tools for the same purpose.
Recently, at Mobile World Congress, they launched two new tools, a new Mobile Scorecard and a Conversion Impact Calculator.
The mobile scorecard provides data on the chrome user experience so that you can compare the speed of multiple websites on mobile devices.
The mobile scorecard pulls data from chrome to compare the speed of multiple sites on mobile. That’s the same data that Google uses in the Page Speed Insights tool.
Google said that a site should load within 5 seconds on 3g connections and 3 seconds on 4G connection.
The impact calculator gives a rough idea of how much revenue a business is losing because of slow page load speed. It might seem a bit exaggerated but still useful.
Get both tools here and utilize it to the fullest. And if you are in need of mobile website design or redesign services, please don’t hesitate to connect with us.
2. TOP VOICE SEARCH RANKING FACTORS ANALYZED
There are many factors that influence a sites ranking on voice search results. To figure out which factor is most important, Backlinko conducted an extensive analysis. Here are the findings:
1. Page speed is crucial. Most of the results were from fast loading pages.
2. Domain authority is of absolute importance.
3. Content that ranks well on the desktop also ranks well on voice search.
4. Surprisingly, Schema is not that important factor as only 36% of sites that ranked well on voice search results were using schema.
5. 41% of Voice search results came from featured snippets.
6. HTTPS is an absolute must.
This research debunked the myth that Schema is of absolute importance. And also made it clear that page speed is CRUCIAL. All the results that listed well on voice search were almost 2 times faster than traditional pages.
Google’s reliance on domains with high authority for providing voice search results comes from the tendency that they “may” provide higher accuracy as compared to domain’s with less authority. But it is possible that they will come up with a more sophisticated approach for the same in near future.
The research also shed some light on the importance of long-form content. People speak more words that they type, so it’s natural that pages that use comprehensive content will reign supreme in this area.
However, you don’t have to specifically optimize your site’s content for voice search, writing in-depth content will suffice the need.
On a side note, the virtual assistants are on the rise. So the marketers who are willing to offer their clients with latest digital marketing should take these platform seriously.
3. BE CAREFUL HOW YOU COLLECT REVIEWS – GOOGLE UPDATES ITS REVIEWS GUIDELINES
Google is struggling hard to keep the reviews trustworthy. They are trying to weed out fake reviews and bring genuine reviews, but they have a long journey ahead. As reported in Google My Business forums, recently, a Kentucky law firm allegedly ran a contest on Facebook, offering people zoo tickets in exchange for positive reviews.
This didn’t go down well with other law firms and businesses and they reported the incident to Google. As a result, Google updated their reviews guideline from:
“Don’t offer or accept money, products, or services to write reviews for a business or to write negative reviews about a competitor.”
“In addition to Prohibited Content guidelines, text reviews are subject to the following additional requirements:
- Don’t use reviews for advertising purposes. This includes, but is not limited to, posting email addresses, phone numbers, social media links or links to other websites in your reviews.
- Don’t include promotional or commercial content.
- Don’t offer or accept money in exchange for reviews.
- Don’t solicit reviews from customers in bulk.”
Reviews are important and it is almost as effective as a personal recommendation, but be careful how you collect it.
To help you get more reviews for your business, we highly recommend our review widget. It’s a small piece of code which is placed on your website and helps you get positive reviews on Google, Yelp and Facebook. In addition, it helps to filter out negative reviews too thus ensuring positive experience to website users. Need more details? Please connect with us.
4. GOOGLE ADWORDS UPDATES FOR MARCH 2018
- Google has finally released the new keyword planning tool in AdWords. However, you have to wait just a little more to try it yourself.
- What Startups Can Learn from ‘Tax Relief’ PPC Campaigns.
- Bing recently rolled out a fix to Intelligent Tracking Preventions (ITP).
- Delayed growth of close variants following google changes now becoming clear
- Bing Ads’ new Audience Segmentation feature makes list performance comparisons easy.
- Google provided the users with the ability to “Opt-out”from the re-marketing campaigns.
- 10X Your A/B Testing with AdWords Ad Variations.
- Here are some excellent strategies for E-commerce campaigns.
- 5 critical factors for optimizing luxury E-commerce sites.
- Everything you need to know about Facebook live ads.
- A guide to Snapchat ads manager.
5. MEET VERO – THE NEW SOCIAL MEDIA APP
Vero, the new social media app is luring social media users.
What Is Vero?
Vero is a new entertaining app for the social media lovers who are fed-up from Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram and looking for something new. It has gained a lot of popularity and is nearing, three million registered users. The app allows the users to post and share movies, books, places, photos, links, etc.
What’s Unique About Vero?
The unique thing about the app is, it has no ads & no algorithm. It shows you post in chronological order. Vero aims to provide its users with an uninterrupted experience by making it advertising free. People around the globe are loving this simple approach to social networking.
Who Should Try The App?
You can try Vero, if you want to experience something new. Instagram, Facebook & Twitter use sophisticated algorithms to show you content, whereas, this app simply lets you view content in chronological order.
Initially, Vero announced that the app is free only for the first one million users. But, due to enormous boost in popularity, they decided to extend the “Free Offer”. But eventually, the company wants to charge a subscription fee. The company says, “We made our business model subscription based, making our users our customers, not advertisers.”