1. THE MOBILE PAGE SPEED UPDATE IS LIVE
As promised, in July, Google officially made the page speed a ranking factor within mobile search. Google has said that it will not be highly noticeable, as it will only affect a small percentage of queries.
“The “Speed Update,” as we’re calling it, will only affect pages that deliver the slowest experience to users and will only affect a small percentage of queries. It applies the same standard to all pages, regardless of the technology used to build the page. The intent of the search query is still a very strong signal, so a slow page may still rank highly if it has great, relevant content.”
It’s been some time since the speed update has been rolled out and we can hardly notice any changes in the search results. Search experts recently conducted an in-depth study & detected no changes in the rankings of major sites.
But, it’s advised that you still optimize your pages for maximum speed because Google has a habit of updating algorithms. So although you won’t notice any changes when they first roll out the algorithm, it becomes quite noticeable after a few “updates”. And as they say. It’s always better to be safe than sorry. So why not speed up the website and not only remain safe from the speed update but also provide a good user experience.
But how fast is fast enough? Turns out, a page should be fully loaded and ready to use within 10 seconds. You can take the speed test here.
Meanwhile, Google has also released a mobile speed score that helps advertisers to know which pages need a speed boost. Few points to rememberer:
- You will NOT get a notice on Google Search Console if your site gets affected.
- This update is just for Mobile. This will NOT affect desktop search results.
- AMP & non-AMP pages will be treated equally.
If you have any further questions about this update, please feel free to reach out to us for assistance.
2. HERE’S HOW YOU CAN INCREASE SALES WITH GOOGLE MY BUSINESS POSTS
Google posts have the immense power to boost the bottom line of your business. Those who know how to utilize it to the fullest have seen a huge boost in sales. Ex-Googler & SEO expert Joel Headley increased booking by 11% for his client using Google posts alone. He also shared some great tips on how you can fully utilize the Google posts. A compelling background image with a call to action can help you increase the conversion rate, he added.
Google is very excited about the posts and also want the same enthusiasm level among the business owners too. So they keep adding new features & the latest addition to the Google post is VIDEO. Now you can upload videos of your business or any topic that revolves around it. It’s already proven that Video marketing is extremely beneficial for your business, now the ability to upload it to Google posts further enhances the overall benefits.
Google posts also allow you to schedule your post in advance because they know that sometimes it gets hard to remember.
For those new to it:
- You can access Google Posts by logging into your Google My Business account.
- Now you will see the “Posts” option right below the Home.
- Click on it and upload the type of content you want to share.
- After uploading, you will have the option to preview it and once you are satisfied, hit the Publish button.
- After publishing, actively monitor the conversions and see how your targeted audience is responding.
The best way to find out which type of content work best for you is to TEST. Analyse your audience reaction to different content and then you will be able to figure out what type of content really clicks with your targeted audience.
- LinkedIn has redesigned the reporting feature in campaign manager.
- Find out what SKAGs are and when to use them.
- Instagram has introduced shopping ads to stories. It was very much expected since the active users on Instagram is growing exponentially.
- Google expanding store visitation and local conversion reporting.
- BIG changes coming to Google ads. Here’s what you need to know:
- Google will soon add “Hotel ads” as a new campaign type within the GoogleAds dashboard.
- Using redirects can cost you quality score in AdWords. Here’s why.
- Although In-market audience has been around since 2014, Google is NOW allowing this kind of targeting in search ads. Find out if its beneficial for you.
- Google’s new responsive search ads seem pretty effective.
- Not getting any fresh ideas for your next Facebook/Insta campaign? Take inspiration from these ad campaigns.
- 6 Best Practices for Responsive Ads on the Google Display Network.
- Bing Ads have made it easy for you to try their ad platforms by introducing Automatic imports.
- Paid branded search does matter. Here’s a case study of a company that learned it the hard way.
4. YOU CAN NOW SEE YOUR COMPETITORS’ FACEBOOK ADS.
Facebook has been facing a lot of heat lately for mishandling the data of its users. There were allegations that Russians have used Facebook to subconsciously manipulate US citizens during the elections. So in order to bring more transparency & to whitewash the bad rep, Facebook has released a new feature that allows you to see the ads run by any page.
It will not only help the users to see if they are being manipulated, but it can also prove to be a boon for the business owners who like to keep a tab on their competitor’s ad campaigns. Knowing what your competitors are running can be extremely beneficial, especially before kick-starting your own campaign.
If you want to see the ads run by any company, person or political party, simply go to their page and click the “Info & Ads” Tab. It will show you all the ads run by that page, including the location.
Although this feature was not launched exclusively for this purpose, it’s definitely the best utilization. But be sure not to copy your competitor’s ads, as it will do more harm than good. Take ideas and then develop original concepts that click with your targeted audience.